Lillie N. Lavado
Lillie Lavado is an adaptable professional.
Highlights include: Salesforce Marketing Cloud implementation and administration; remote international project management; IT educator and consultant; family-friendly coworking community founder; graphic, digital marketing, UX, website, and database infrastructure design.
On the issues
- Full share of funding for each district;
- Trade & apprenticeship investments;
- Living wages and better benefits for educators and staff;
- STEAM for all students.
- Modernize infrastructure;
- Nurture innovation and nontraditional entrepreneurship;
- Eliminate nepotism and discrimination;
- Reduce employer tax burdens.
- Improve access to quality options for rural Mainers;
- Increase public health care eligibility;
- Provide compassionate substance abuse and opioid dependency care;
- Living wages and better benefits for caregivers and staff.
- Expand Homestead Tax Credit eligibility;
- Reduce employer tax burdens;
- Fair taxation of wealthy and corporate interests;
- Equitable distribution of tax revenue.
- Only smart investments in new roads and bridges;
- Prioritize contracts for County companies and workers;
- Follow recommendations from industry leaders and business owners.
- Bolster indigenous and tribal rights;
- Support anti-discrimination efforts in Maine institutions;
- Proactive identification and mitigation of inequities.
Lillie, with her children, at the Maine State House.
Lillie is an educator, mother, small business owner, volunteer, union member, and truly hard worker. She calls Presque Isle “home” along with her two children, Mariam and Saraphina. A natural leader, Lillie can be counted on to always speak out for the families and small business owners who struggle to get ahead every day.
Lillie has a background in entrepreneurship, intercultural studies, computer systems programming and STEM education. Lillie’s proactive approach to problem-solving has lead her to tackle child care, workforce modernization, and business incubation with her small business, Hardscrabble Solutions.
Lillie is an active volunteer in local grassroots coalitions and works to ensure that our community enjoys equitable access to opportunities. She is an employee of UMPI and UMFK and Secretary of the UMPSA unit of the MEA. Lillie intimately understands what Maine needs to do to stop outmigration and keep professionals and their families that also choose to call Presque Isle “home”.
Presque Isle, ME 04769